Project roles with California
Submit your interest to join the team building digital services for the State of California.
We’re looking for mid-to-senior level people in several digital services disciplines who are collaborative, passionate about the user experience, and want to create measurable and accelerated service improvements for all Californians. This is especially important as we work to keep our state healthy and secure as we battle COVID-19.
Highlighted project needs
Agile Delivery Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Agile delivery manager to join our team for up to a year to support ongoing development of the covid19.ca.gov site.
As an Agile delivery manager you will be responsible for product delivery and for building and maintaining a motivated team, look after team health and set up an environment for successful delivery. You’ll be experienced in coaching teams and others in agile and lean techniques, and helping people adapt from traditional waterfall approaches to agile, iterative and user-centred ways of working.
This is not a typical Project Manager role - we’re looking for a good facilitator who can help the team become more self-organizing and continuously improve. Part of the role will involve making sure the team has an iterative plan to guide their work and that team members collaborate, communicate and focus on priorities. We’re looking for someone who can give the team a rhythm and momentum, remove blockers that impede delivery and manage risk.
- Experienced at coaching modern agile and lean techniques
- Demonstrated ability to assist teams in breaking down problems into small units of working service
- Adept at navigating an organization to remove blockers that impede delivery (i.e. bureaucracy hacker)
- Experienced scrum master
- Demonstrates servant leadership style
Submit your interest via this form and check “Delivery Management” as your primary skill
Digital Performance Analyst
We’re looking for a data analyst who has expertise in Google Analytics and Search to join our team for several months.
As a digital performance analyst, you will identify user trends and insights that can be applied to website content related to the state’s response to COVID-19.
You will develop and generate regular performance reports to help explain website performance, including analysis of user traffic, user demographics, and traffic sources. You will also establish a comprehensive, data-driven view of user behavior across the various parts of web-based workflow.
- Expertise working in Google Analytics and Search
- Expert-level data analysis using Excel and Google sheets
- Basic proficiency in scripting / query languages for analysis, ie SQL, Python, and Ruby
- Collaborative, team player
- Strong communicator who can clearly present information and ideas
Submit your interest via this form and check “Data Science / Analysis” as your primary skill